The IsarCard Semester costs 201,60 € and is an optional season ticket that is valid for the duration of one semester.
- The IsarCard Semester entitles students to unlimited travel within the entire MVV network, these are zones M - 6.
- Entitlement to travel 2nd class on all modes of transport that form part of the MVV public transportation network (S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams, buses, and certain regional trains)
- Travel entitlement is valid from the first day to the last day of the respective semester
- The IsarCard Semester is valid for the duration of one whole semester, up until 12 noon on the following day
Purchasing the IsarCard Semester:
The IsarCard Semester can be purchased at the following locations:
- MVG ticket machines (e.g. at U-Bahn stations)
- DB ticket machines within the MVV network (e.g. at S-Bahn stations)
- Electronic ticket printers on MVV regional buses
- DB travel centre within the MVV network
- MVG customer service centres
- Travel agents with DB-licence
- Private MVG points of sale (e.g. kiosks, mostly in the Munich city area)
- BOB/Meridian customer service centres
In order to purchase the IsarCard Semester, students must bring along their student ID and provide/enter the card number (Hochschule München/Munich Univ. of Applied Sciences only) or the enrolment number (all other higher education institutions).
Please note: when buying the IsarCard Semester, you will be issued a receipt (proof of purchase). Please take and keep this receipt, because in case you lose your IsarCard Semester, you will only be issued a replacement card (one time only) if you can show this proof of purchase.